Paul McCaffrey: Alumni of Champions

Meet Paul. An alumni who has taken his knowledge all the way to top by managing huge events and receiving honors along the way. I think you're going to like what you see here!


Where are you now and what are your job responsibilities? 

I am the Director of Boston parks permitting. My staff and I issue 5,000 permits to parks for athletic and special events including the Boston Marathon, victory parades, Women's March, little league games, presidential visits, etc.

I manage four town and gown field partners: Suffolk - East Boston Stadium, Northeastern - Carter Playground Fall 2018, Emerson - Rotch Field, and Emmanuel - Clemente Field. 

I lead a team to purchase and implement an online enterprise solution for permitting and recreational registration, a growth of over three thousand permits over the previous year. 

Over the years, I have been honored by:

  • The Red Sox - Pedro Martinez Award
  • United States navy on a cruise on the USS Harry Truman as a "distinguished visitor"
  • Boston Park League, Huck Geary Award
How has the program helped you get there? 

I think that there are many reasons to get a master's. Many desire a new job, the fulfillment of a dream, and crediting what you already know. I think the program allowed me to credentialize my experience and gave me confidence. A master's is one rung on a ladder, that accomplishment is something that can't be taken away.

I go to many alum events and participate when I can in baseball and hockey games (which are on the first Thursday's and are posted on our Facebook page). 

I'm currently going through the process to get admitted to the Doctorate program with the hope of teaching.

What did you value most about the MSL program, and how can the current class benefit from that thing? 

The people. I found my classmates and instructors to be fascinating people.

I think that you need to leave your preconceived notions at the door. The program made me realize that the United States is not the center of the universe. I was in the crisis communication class and the majority of the class was from elsewhere. They did not know about the Challenger disaster or the Tylenol poisoning crisis because it wasn't world news. 

Embrace every opportunity to create relationships, start a process of discovery, regain a sense of wonder, walk in your colleagues' shoes, hear their dreams. 

You make your own way, and that journey can create a path to your dream job. By experiencing other's dreams, you can spark ideas of your own.

Are you willing to be contacted for networking opportunities? If so, what is the best way to get in touch with you? 

Yes. 

LinkedIn:

- or -

Email: paul.j.mccaffrey@gmail.com 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tony Price: A Gentleman and a Scholar

Welcome to the Blog!

Introducing Master Taylor