Tony Price: A Gentleman and a Scholar

Introducing Tony Price - a scholar if ever there was one. He has some valuable information to share about the program. Soak it up, folks, because this is one good read.


Where are you now? And what are your job responsibilities? 

I'm the Director of Athletics for the Randolph, MA public schools. I oversee the middle and high school sports programs.

How has the program helped you get there?

I was already in the position prior to completing the MSL program, however, the program helped me to learn what the current trends were at the time. The program also helped to remind me of the values I held as a leader and how to best incorporate them within the department and school district.

What did you value most about the MSL program, and how can the current class benefit from that thing? 

The things I valued most about the MSL program are the experiences online and during the required on-campus week. The connections and effort made by the faculty, especially Dr. Prior, to keep everyone connected and up to date. The variety of courses to help shape your path in the industry are a major attraction. The current class can benefit by taking advantage of the networking opportunities, reaching out to alums of the program, including job shadowing and being actively engaged in the class to challenge themselves and their peers. 

Are you willing to be contacted for networking opportunities? If so, what is the best way to get in touch with you? 

Yes, I am willing to be contacted. I've returned to campus several times to speak to the current class during the alumni panel.

Advice: For those students, like myself, whom may have been in the industry for some time or looking to switch careers, but are hesitant to take online courses because they came up during a time of traditional brick and mortar classrooms, the online experience was one of the best decisions I made. The convenience of completing the coursework and not having to drive to an actual campus made the transition easier. You can't replace the face-to-face interactions, but for working professionals and people raising a family, the online courses are paramount for completing the MSL program. 

Comments

  1. Tony,
    Your willingness to give back is appreciated, and your ability to always have some great words of wisdom for others is impressive. It was a pleasure to have been part of your educational journey, and it's great to be able to witness all the great things you continue to accomplish. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Blog!

Introducing Master Taylor